I received this Tarot from the trading forum of Aeclectic Tarot 🙂
I traded it for a set of handmade – by me Sterling silver Loon Earrings ( and since I know, that this is a rather htf deck, I added a matching Loon necklace as a little surprise for my trading partner.)
This deck is stunning – and what I loooove: a little abstract art and filled with the Celtic Gods and Goddesses in the mayors, the 4 Seasons and Plants and Animals in the Minors.
All the info – and the beautiful book are in Italian, so I have NO idea, what the symbolism on the card is intended to be – from the artist’s point of view.
I will attempt to make sense of a few of these enigmatic cards and post my findings in this blog. –
I think there are others, who have this deck and maybe someone will join me in my explorations.
I hope so.
First here is a deck review from the web:
The hurdles I am facing:
1)I can not even shuffle the cards of my deck – because the way they are = HUUUUUGE, cardboard-like material and none rounded corners.
2)the cards have only numbers – from 1 to 78 -so as of now, I do not even quite know, what I am loooooking at.
3)the key words and the accompanying book are all in Italian. I speak no Italian and the link I gave is my only outside help with exploring the deck.
4) All the Minors are cards featuring the Celtic Tree alphabet. I will have to use the Celtic Tree Oracle Book to even try and make sense of them….
My first tasks will be:
– to find a very fine pen and write into the left upper corner of the cards, what card this would be – in an ordinary deck
– familiarize myself with the Celtic Tree Alphabet
– find a site on the net that translates key words and Tree names and and and from Italian into English
– more tasks sure to become evident
🙂 wish me luck!