Reading exercise for August 22nd
It is rather late in the day for my daily draw, but here we go:
While I shuffle I am thinking:
“For today, with the torrential rains and all our plans for outside work having fallen into a the proverbial water puddle, I should draw a Water card”
Sure enough, for my card of the day I pull the
8 of Swords –
Now, remember, in this deck Swords are Water. And here they are all sharp and pointy in a circle surrounded by the signs of the waxing and waning Moon, pointing into a water-world that has much the same colouration as the Kawpakwakog Creek outside my living room window.
Yes, I am hemmed in on all sides by the rain and the wet weather. The Moons feel like time – time running away fast. Sooooo much to do and being stuck inside due to the weather.
Well, that is my RWS feel of the card anyway.
The LWB card blip instructs me to read it as:
– Crisis, – yes, for all our farmers, who now definitely are loosing the hay and gran harvests as well as other crops bad news,
– Fatality, (hope not!!!!)
– Treason – well, I can not worrrrry about other people’s nasty behaviour, can I? I am not planning on any treasonous actions today….
Card 2 of my reading is my “challenge of the day”
Again, I feel I should draw a Water card
But NO, the Sun comes up!
At least in the reading 🙂
Yes, it is actually true. All is well here, ifffff not being able to cut and pile our winter wood today and not being able to spread a truck load of gravel over a new parking lot is our biggest, most pressing problems, we are doing fine. These are just inconveniences in a all around sunny life.
The LWB card blip reads
– completion of an enterprise – no for the above mentioned tasks, but YES for our over all life plan: we are snug and save and approaching our sunny retirement. Looooong hard work has paid of!
– full results, rewards– ditto – see above
– promotion – neeeeaa – rather not!! 🙂
– inheritance – well, hopefully not in the next ten years – Peter’s mom is 89 and still quite fit and happy
Card 3 is my Advice for the day and or outcome card.
I pull the 5 of Chalices.
The card has a happy feel 🙂
A large green pentagram and 5 happy cups surrounded by Birds and Butterflies.
This is pretty much exactly a Picard design of the 5 of Cups
The LWB card blip reads:
– Inheritance – again???
– Patrimony to protect – well, I am not taking this one all too literal…
However from the notes found on the internet about how Picard prescribes the pips to look like, I find out in dismay, that my card lacks 1 essential image: In the centre of the green Pentagram, there is supposed to be a small Owl!
AN OWL IS MISSING!
(for those of you, who know me, they KNOW, how much Owls mean to me….
Now I will drop EVERYTHING and draw a little Owl into the card:)